We are looking for a competent Collection Specialist to contact clients and collect outstanding payments. You will struck a balance between maintaining trustful relationships, and ensuring timely payments.
- Monitor accounts to identify outstanding debts
- Investigate historical data for each debt or bill
- Find and contact clients to ask about their overdue payments
- Take actions to encourage timely debt payments
- Process payments and refunds
- Resolve billing and customer credit issues
- Update account status records and collection efforts
- Report on collection activity and accounts receivable status
- Proven experience as a Collection Specialist or similar role
- Knowledge of billing procedures and collection techniques (e.g. skip tracing)
- Familiarity with laws related to debt collection (e.g. FDCPA)
- Working knowledge of MS Office and databases
- Comfortable working with targets
- Patience and ability to manage stress
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Skilled in negotiation
- Problem-solving skills
- High school diploma; Associate’s/Bachelor’s degree is a plus
MODE OF APPLICATION: Interested applicant should forward updated CVs to the HR through this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org OR send application or bio data to the number under deck.
NOTE:Only those within Lagos should apply,and selected candidate will be contacted.