We are looking for a Forensic Accountant to audit our financial records for discrepancies and inaccuracies.
Your main responsibilities include performing forensic research on, and analysis of, our company’s financial data to identify potential fraud and/or business revenue loss. To be successful in this role, you should combine keen investigative skills with knowledge of accounting procedures. You should also be able to organize financial evidence into detailed reports that will be helpful to attorneys and law officials.
Ultimately, you should develop risk reduction and fraud prevention procedures to ensure accurate financial management for our company.
- Review financial documents to identify inaccuracies
- Analyze financial data and trace discrepancies
- Forecast and prevent financial frauds
- Report on revenue losses and damages from contract breaches
- Investigate complex business cases to minimize risk
- Provide litigation support and present findings to be used as trial evidence
- Perform regular financial record audits to ensure compliance with the law
- Ensure all accounting procedures follow legislation
- Keep organized files of all legal cases
- Attend court, when needed
- Proven work experience as a Forensic Accountant,Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or relevant role
- Thorough knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Experience with accounting and financial procedures
- Understanding of forensic auditing procedures
- Familiarity with accounting software and spreadsheets
- Strong investigative and analytical skills
- Excellent numeracy skills with an ability to spot inaccuracies
- The ability to handle confidential information
- BSc degree in Accounting or Finance, preferably with a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification
- Additional qualification in Economic Crime Investigation or Law Enforcement will be a plus