We seek the valuable service of a dedicated history teacher who performs critical analysis of historical events and figures and provides context for modern times. Also responsible for instructing students about national, state, local, and global history.
- Observe and evaluate student's performance.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by invoking approved disciplinary procedures.
- Create instructional resources for use in the classroom.
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities.
- Create positive educational climate for students to learn in.
- Meet course and school-wide student performance goals.
- Participate in ongoing training sessions.
- Create lesson plans and modify accordingly throughout the year.
- Maintain grade books.
- Grade papers and perform other administrative duties as needed.
- Presenting lessons in a comprehensive manner and use visual/audio means to facilitate learning.
- Providing individualized instruction to each student by promoting interactive learning.
Requirements and skills
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Well-organized and committed
- Creative and energetic
- Strong moral values and discipline
- Proven experience as a history teacher
- Thorough knowledge of teaching best practices and legal educational guidelines partnered with a willingness to follow the school’s policies and procedures.
- Applicants should have a minimum of HND/B.Sc/B.Ed in History, Social Studies or any related field. Other qualification is an added advantage.