Mathematics teachers help impart not only the most fundamental of skills, also encourages the development of problem solving, logical reasoning, and flexible thinking skills.
- Planning, developing and executing lessons that reflect the curriculum and the state’s core educational standards;
- Adapting mathematics curriculum for individual, small group, and remedial instruction to meet the needs of identified students or subgroups of students;
- Evaluating the academic and social growth of students;
- Evaluating student progress and the ability to meet courses standards in mathematical knowledge and skills;
- Establishing and maintaining standards of student behavior;
- Planning and developing lesson plans and teaching outlines;
- Employing a variety of methodologies in teaching and instructing students, including demonstrations, discussions, and lectures;
- Utilizing educational equipment, such as materials, books, and other learning aids.
Skills and Experience
- Possess problem solving skills.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, school staff, district staff, and patrons.
- Communicates effectively.
- Knowledge of State Core Curriculum and Board of Education adopted guidelines.
- NOTE: All Applicants must possess a minimum of bachelor degree in Mathematics Education, Pure Mathematics, or any other related Engineering field with minimum of two year experience in an accredited school.